Tuesday, February 24, 2009

We need to be careful what we wish for!

Edmonton mayor wants to control sale of knives is the latest headline to grace the news paper. Now I am very aware of the crime involving knives have increased, but I don't think that we need to throw the baby out with the bath water here! Look at the mess that the gun registry has made for honest Canadians. I truly feel that it has made criminals out of honest citizens! Do you really think that if I was going to commit a crime that I am going to care where the weapon has come from? Oh dear I cannot pull this bank robbery as this gun is registered! Tongue in cheek..... Again there is too many questions that pop up in this idea of a knife registry. Who is going to enforce, what size is not going to be legal? These are all questions that just cost money. I have a better idea why don't we give some teeth to the laws that we have on the books already. The bigger question that I have brought up before is if they pass this legislation what is next? Motor vehicle accidents are killing people, we need to ban Ford trucks because they are the biggest contributor to the accidents. You laugh, and tell me that I am going too far. Am I? Call me an alarmist, but I think we need to be aware of the bigger picture. At the end of the day we need to inform our politicians we will not stand for laws being created like this. One step further to this is the special interest groups that support this type of legislation need to be out squeaked! They say that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Well I say that we make more noise then the special interest groups that want these controlling laws. So consider this to be the first squeak to kick things off!

Until next time... "Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."

Cheers from the Big Ape

No comments: