Monday, July 6, 2009

Bits and Bytes of a Confused Ape...

Well I sit down to type this a little more confused then normal. Can someone please tell me why there is such an uproar when a celebrity dies. The grief is explainable, if it is a family member in your own family, but come on people these stars mean nothing to us. At least I would hope that I have more of a life that I become disturbed when a man or woman passes that I have never met, talked to, or ever really cared about. See I understand this whole concept of the voyeurism in today's society as to people's lives are messed up they have to worry about people we do not know so we do not have to worry about our own baggage. Now for the next 2 or 3 years it is going to be Jackson this, and Micheal that. Hell we are still seeing Elvis's face in grilled cheese and still hold Princess Di up on a pedestal of the tallest magnitude. Don't get me wrong these people have a place in life, and I will even say they are important, but how far does a total stranger take that importance? I really think that a lot of this hub bub is just a money making adventure. Bobble head dolls, mini statues, now they will have white Jacko gloves with his initials on them. Really people just let these people pass in peace! No one wanted to make a bobble head doll after my uncle Felix passed. Now who was my uncle Felix, and why should he have a doll named after him? He was important to us does that not make him important enough to memorialize him? A joke comes to mind when I hear about celebrities packing it in. There was a lady madly in love with Elvis and when he died she was utterly devastated. So nearly losing her marriage to her obsession she decided to go a shrink. So after 10 years of twice a week visits he finally tells her; "my dear I can do no more for you if you still need a memorable reminder of Elvis the best thing I can recommend is get a tattoo." So she thought this was a splendid idea. So off to a shop she set off. She goes in and says to the artist; " do you do portraits?" He replied he did so they agreed on a price of $240 for a tattoo of Elvis on the inside of her upper left thigh. So the artist completes the picture she look at the work, and claims that he does not look like Elvis. So he agreed to do another one on the right upper thigh just to make her happy. Well he toiled away for 4 hours it was one of his best pieces. Well she still was whining. So he seen there was no pleasing her so he threw her out of his shop. So although it was not very lady like she is sitting at the bus stop up the street looking at this art with her dress pulled up to her waste. So there was this gentleman walks by she says excuse me sir. He stops...She asks does this here picture on the inside of left thigh look like Elvis? Well kinda, uh, no not really. Well how about that picture on my inside of my right thigh? Well it is a bit better, but that one in the middle sure looks like Willy Nelson.....Grin On that point I will move on. God speed Jacko you are gone, but will never be forgotten. As long there is a buck to be made from merchandising your junk!

Now that summer season kicks in to high gear so does rodeo season. If you follow rodeo at all there is generally a gaggle of do gooders that have to speak up for the critters. Let me be the first to say that these critters are looked after better then a lot of people in this world. These critters are athletes in the critter world. People have the mis-conception that animals have feelings. Sorry people we are the only species that feel emotion in the animal kingdom. The animal world only aims to please. Think about it these animals work for 8 seconds or in tie down roping tops a couple minutes a day. They are vet checked daily. Fed and watered with the best feed and water money can buy, generally twice a day. More or less they can compare well to the rock star life style of the people world. I would dream to be a bull, cow, goat, sheep or horse, and have the pampered lifestyle of a first class animal athlete. They are even given breeding schedules. As a guy I can say a pampered well bred critter is a happy critter. I can speak on this point matter a factually! Grin.... So when you hear about all these protests for the betterment of the animal tell them to go cool their heels in a cow patty as they are doing just fine thanks. I personally recommend you go try to save a tree somewhere.

Well I can say that I have got my banana's out of a bunch, and feel better for it. Remember: Live on, survive, for the earth gives forth wonders. It may swallow your heart, but the wonders keep on coming. You stand before them bareheaded, shriven. What is expected of you is attention.

Until next time....
Cheers From The Big Ape

5 comments:

Susan Blake said...

Finally! Someone who is NOT watching the insane incessant coverage, boohooing on your CD's and contributing to the pile of CRAP on the doorstep of every place MJ every went potty! I liked him, liked his music, but you're right, I don't KNOW him, he was not my family. I could not believe how many people must have taken off of work (or else its crowds of the unemployed!) for all this hoopla. PAHLEEESE. Thanks for ranting. I enjoyed it! :)

Susan Blake said...

p.s. Just WHO is gonna clean up all the dead flowers and teddy bears anyway? (that's the crap I was referring to)

The Big Ape said...

Thanks for the kind words suZen...Maybe all those people who took time off to go put that stuff at the ranch! smile I just hope it is donated to a good cause after it is all said and done.

Anonymous said...

I have no idea why anyone would be crying about Micheal Jackson. I saw him just the other day at the brooks dump just sitting in the midst of all the other garbage.

There, just a comment that had to be made.

I'm sure other people will be seeing him in different places for the next ten or twenty years or so.

KGould said...

LOL you're not the only one that was tired of hearing and reading all about MJ for weeks on end. I turned the channel anytime he was shown - which meant I was changing channels all day long so I gave up lol. I explained to my 11 yr old that while it's sad that someone died, he was a star over a decade ago and things happen to people all over the world every single day that do not get coverage like this. I also explained that I was surprised MJ had lasted this long - his body was ravaged so badly, I can't believe he made it to 50+. I also told him about Buddy Holly, Richie Valens, and the Big Bopper because they died in a plane crash at the height of their careers and it shocked their fans because it was obviously unexpected - seeing as you can't predict a plane crash. I talked to him about how it wasn't a shock that Elvis died either, and now MJ was taking on the same notoriety despite eons of self-inflicted abuse, prescription drug addictions, and so on. I added in that I can't believe Ozzy Osbourne outlived Jackson! What a shocker that is!

Anyway my point is, people were acting like this was such a total major surprise. Are you kidding me? Even without going into the haze around the child abuse allegations, just his lifestyle and appearance alone had him on death's doorstep for over 10 years. He was planning a comeback and his body couldn't take it anymore - I watched some of the rehearsal vids from the days before his death and he looked terrible - could hardly move. I'm not surprised his body couldn't take it. Whether it was a lethal injection or what, this was bound to happen. Do you really think he would have made it through his whole comeback tour?? He worked himself to death in a fragile body is my take on this whole event. No surprise there at all.