Thursday, February 26, 2009

Don't hate the player, hate the game!

You know I was reading my local paper as I try to do daily. Now there is a hot button issue that seems to be getting people worked up in a real lather. Myself included I might add. The more I think about it though I truly believe we need to look at the bigger picture. Instead of getting pissed about certain criminals getting a specific sentence lets go talk to the people who make the laws. Lets lobby our government to push the laws that are already on the books. I think getting informed about matters is a great way to start. Making paper trails is imperative. Phone calls are too easily forgotten. Keeping a hot button issue alive after the media has gone onto the next big story of the week. One person can really make the difference. Look at Erin Brockovich, she single handedly brought down big business on a contamination matter.

The squeaky wheel get the grease, and the more people you can get to squeak with you is all the better. Look at the raging granny's. With today's technology it is pretty simple to write an email and BCC it to as many departments that you think applies to your problem. Google is a wonderful tool, use it. If you need to find out addresses just google . People can run, but they cannot hide. Well I think this is going to be a short post, but I hope that I have empowered you take a stand, and write your congress person, MLA,MP or even you mayor if you have an issue that is getting under your skin.

Until next time...remember if you don't stand for something, you will fall for everything!

Cheers
From the Big Ape

No comments: