Sunday, May 24, 2009

Are You Being Ripped Off?

As you know when I get a good tip I like to pass it on. So my sister-in-law thought this was one of those tips that needed just that exposure. Thanks Vickie you too is what keeps the big ape so popular! Now before I post this I would like to post my own tip as not so much as getting ripped off per say is as to the best time to fuel a vehicle. It is best to do this task when it is cooler out side. To get the maximum quantity pumped. I am not sure how it works, just trust me, and either fill in the morning before the days gets too hot, or in the evening when the day starts to cool. It has to do with the expansion of the vapors in the tank. Now with that being said try this next tip, and if you find you are being ripped off contact the authorities immediately. It may not be done intentionally, but non the less it needs to be stopped!

Cheating at the gas pumps (PRINT OUT YOUR RECEIPTS!!!)

This email was sent to me by my sister-in-law who has a friend whose cousin is the Ridgetown, Ont. fire captain.
This is true. It happened to them three weeks ago somewhere in
Ridgetown on our way to Kingston. The pump should have totaled @ $38.00 (and change).
When the receipt was printed, and she checked it was $ 47.00 (and change).
She got mad, went inside the store, asked for a calculator and let them
do the math. They refunded her. She told them that if they cheat, they
had better make it right. Normally, her husband would skip printing the
receipt..

Not her...

We saw on the news the other night that this is happening everywhere.
Brian pumped exactly one liter of gas. The price did not match the cost
of one liter. It was higher. He went inside and complained, got a refund.
There is also a number on each pump that you can call and complain..
This is a true story, so read it carefully.

On March 24, 2009, I stopped at a gas station in Chatham. My truck's
gas gauge was on 1/4 of a tank. I use the regular grade, which was priced at
88.5 per liter. BTW what is up with that as we are in oil rich Alberta, and are paying nearly 20 cents more!!!! When my tank is at this point, it takes somewhere
around 45 liters to fill it up. When the pump showed 45 liters had been pumped, I began to slow it down.
Then, to my surprise, it went to 50, then 55. I even looked under my
truck to see if it was being spilled. It was not. Then it showed 60 liters on
the pump. It stopped at 62 liters. This was very strange to me, since my truck has only a 65 liter tank. I went on my way a little confused, then on the evening news I heard a report that 1 out of 10 gas stations had calibrated their pumps to show more gas had been pumped than a person actually got.

Here is how to check a pump to see if you are getting the right amount:
Whichever grade you are using, put EXACTLY 10 LITERS in your tank, then
look at the dollar amount. If the dollar amount is not EXACTLY 10 times
the price of the fuel you have chosen, then the pumps are rigged.

In my case, as I said, the mid-grade was $0.885 per liter; my dollar
amount for 10 liters should have been $8.85 . I wish I had checked the
pump. It doesn't matter where you pump gas, please check the 10 liter
price. If you do find a station that is cheating, contact the MTO, and
direct your comments to the Commissioner, the
info is on the gas pumps.

Please don't delete this until you have sent it to all people you know. We need to put a stop to this outrageous cheating of customers. The gas companies are making enough profits at honest rates.


Remember in this day and age we need to be observant when we can as fuel is going up all the time, and we cannot afford to be ripped of any more then the government is doing it to us already through our fuel taxes.

Until next time remember theft is against the law because the government does not like competition!

Cheers
From the Big Ape

No comments: