Saturday, September 13, 2008

A Dangerous Recipe

Well believe it or not the old ape can cook once and a while. Then again when you think about it I did not get to be the 500LB gorilla eating banannas! Lol Anyway I know a few recipes or two. There is always room in the old storage can for another good recipe I must add. I am afraid though I should not be trying this too terribly much with my new diet plan. I guess there is always Mellody's Birthday, and then I canhit two birds with one stone getting brownie points for making Mel her Birthday Cake, and also getting to try the cake at the same time. See I am not such a dumb ape after all!!! Lol

I would like to thank the Graves for that naughty little tidbit. You know Bill either one of us is supposed to have this tastey little morsel. Well I figured this is a change of pace from my regular rants.

Until next time***

From The Big Ape ;-))


Coffee Mug Chocolate Cake
 
 Will be a good recipe for camping - or if you need a chocolate fix!


MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
    1 Coffee Mug
    4 tablespoons flour(that's plain flour, not self-rising)
    4 tablespoons sugar (or splenda!)
    2 tablespoons baking cocoa
    1 egg
    3 tablespoons milk
    3 tablespoons oil  (or substitute apple sauce!)
    3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)

    Some nuts (optional) Small splash of vanilla

    Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well .
    Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
    Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
    Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla, and mix again.
 
 Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes on  high. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed! Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired. EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to share!)

And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?     Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night.
 
 

No comments: