Friday, March 6, 2009

Interesting Results

I must admit I was a bit taken back when I seen the results from my resent poll question. Only 55% of my reading audience had been directly effected by the recession. Now I guess that leads to a bigger question... not for this week, but non the less a bigger question, is the media doing exactly what I predicted? Is the "Sky Is Falling" prediction actually happening? I don't know a lot of people that you talk to, and I am sure we are talking to the same people and really wondering where this mess in the world really going. Now I know some of my friends have been directly effected as they have lost jobs because of it. Now are they the 44% that answered my poll? I am not sure, but non the less I would like to thank everyone who responded, and encourage everyone to take a look at the new poll question for this week.

I would also like to take a few moments and shine a spotlight on to a very interesting site that I came across in my rambling travels. As you may or may not know we bloggers have a catalog. Here anyone can go a see what other bloggers are writing so we can showcase our work, and see other peoples stuff. Now I cannot spot light everyone I read about or that would be all my blog would do. For some that would be fine, and there is blogs out there like that. There is at times a blog or two which I have shared with you in the past that really has made me sit back and say wow this is a pretty good idea, or what a well put together site etc. Anyway this site I think is kind of everything rolled into one. I really don't know much about this person other then they are from the USA. I do know though that they could have not hit the nail on the head especially now that the world is going in the direction that it is. Take a look at Switch to Riches you may not agree with everything, but I think this person is pretty insightful as to if we take care of the little things the bigger situations will seem a bit more manageable. Check them out and tell them the Big Ape sent you.

Until next time..."Money is just the poor man's credit card."
Marshall McLuhan.

Cheers
From the Big Ape ;0)

3 comments:

Susan Blake said...

Missed out on your poll - your insights are interesting and I'll follow you - btw I found you in blog catalog :)
suZen

Susan Blake said...

Missed out on your poll - your insights are interesting and I'll follow you - btw I found you in blog catalog :)
suZen

KGould said...

I think that in my region, it's just not happening yet. Alberta has been doing okay but that does not mean we are in the clear, nor the rest of Canada for sure. As of right at this time, we've actually had more money to work with than anytime in the past 2 years. I always have money left in the bank at the end of each month, where at times last year I did not (largely due to gas prices and many goods increasing in price as well for awhile). But for a few months it's been fine, energy rebates coming in too after utility companies were found to be charging too high (what a surprise), etc etc. But I am not counting my chickens just yet. We are putting as much into savings as we possibly can right now. We have been holding back on purchasing a camping trailer (cash), because we are not sure what's going to happen in the next couple of years, etc. Our retirement programs stocks have lost over 50% (down to 15/share from over 35/share last year) so we want to watch all of that too. But as of right this minute, no there are no day-to-day effects (as for the stocks, we can just hope that they eventually go back up. We have over 20 years for that hope lol).