Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Why do they call it quicksand when it sucks you down slowly?

Hidy Ho friends and neighbours, along with new blog readers. I am pleasantly surprised as to how much traffic is been sent to from Oslo or Rogaland of course we have all my friends and Mellody's family that view my pondering thoughts of a mad monkey. It is that time once again. I get to enlighten you with those strange and unusual facts, along with general stuff that floats around my large vessel they call my head. I have also found some interesting things from the web that I generally find I need to cast out to my readers like seeds to a forest. Some catch some get passed over, but at the end of the day we are all better for it.

It has been kind of quite these days as far as news and views. My wife had a birthday last week so we had a quite night of dinner and a couple movies. She is so thoughtful she even picked up one for me after she went to sleep. So we watched of course the movie of her choice. Made of Honor with Patrick Dempsey.
Well for a chick flic it was pretty good. I would rate it 7 out of 10 for a chic flic, although I am pretty easy to please. My wife seemed to enjoy it. She shed tears at one point, but then again she would probably shed tears at any show that shows
lost love or mushy stuff. You know what I mean girls! Then my wife and I are fans of the comedy world so she picked up a comedy which I am assuming went straight to video called Bait Shop.I don't remember any movie trailers for it. It stars Bill Engvall and Billy Ray Cyrus. again for a sit down and veg for 85 minutes show, it was a pretty good movie. I am a big fan of Bill Engvall so I had to check it out. I would give it a 6.5 out of 10. Like I said it is one of those movies that good guy wins in the end, feel good about humanity type shows. Then I was blessed of my wife thinking of me and she picked up Never Back Down (chacun son combat) It is pretty good I would rate it about 7 out of 10. It will be interesting to see if part two ever materializes out of this. There is some pretty good MMA fighting in this one. Gee we just get more and more refined in this blog all the time. I am doing movie reviews, what is next wine reviews....NOT...lol

Home Home On The Range
Where The Deer And Antelope Play














And just for the AAAWWWWW factor we will include a pic of bugs bunny!

The deer and antelope are pics I have taken while we have been out for drives. The Bunny pic is actually my wife's work. He is kind of her resident pet. He was living underneath our shed. Now that we have neighbours with dogs I guess he got nervous and moved on. Bye Bye Bugs.
I am going to try and include more pics as I am getting out more often now, and when I do go out I try and take a camera with me. Actually we are pretty blessed with wild life being we live in a city. They roam pretty freely here. We have 3 or 4 areas that are park like right in the city that they know they are safe in these areas. They just live in the city and feed on gardens and such along with the parks that are kept pretty green. Speaking of deer we just about got up close and personal with a herd of them last evening. The Wife and I were out running a few errands when we were swarmed with a doe and a few of her friends. I know swarmed seems like an odd word to use, but as quick as they jumped onto the road way they ran across the road and into neighborhood back yards. So
unfortunately no pics on that one, but I am sure there will be more in the offing as I am feeling better, and getting out more often. I encourage people to leave comments as to whether this is something that you as readers would like to see more of.


Now talking about interesting pictures we in the Medicine Hat area are blessed with some very cool pictures. The worlds tallest tepee, awesome wild life, and the Indian wearing an ear bud
This was spotted from someone searching Google maps. It is just one more reason to visit the great city of Medicine Hat and area.

Now I found a piece that actually explains out Federal Government pretty well you be the judge:
A little boy goes to his father and asks, 'What is Politics and why is that
Stephen Harper on the television again?'
Dad says, 'Well son, let me try to explain it this way:
I am the head of the family, so call me The Prime Minister.
Your mother is the administrator of the money, so we call her the
Government.
We are here to take care of your needs, so we will call you the People.
The nanny, we will consider her the Working Class.
And your baby brother, we will call him the Future.
Now think about that and see if it makes sense.'
So the little boy goes off to bed thinking about what Dad has said.
Later that night, he hears his baby brother crying, so he gets up to check
on him.
He finds that the baby has severely soiled his nappy.
So the little boy goes to his parents' room and finds his mother asleep.
Not wanting to wake her, he goes to the nanny's room. Finding the door
locked, he peeks in the keyhole and sees his father in bed with the nanny.
He gives up and goes back to bed.
The next morning, the little boy tells his father, 'Dad, I think I
understand the concept of politics now.'
The father says, 'Good, son, tell me in your own words what you think
politics is all about.'
The little boy replies, 'The Prime Minister is screwing the Working Class
while the Government is sound asleep. The People are being ignored and the
Future is in deep shit.

I could have not said it any better myself!

Here's some interesting facts.......kinda puts a new curve on the ole' saying '2 thumbs up'!

SCIENCE CAN BE FUN !

The largest cell in the human body is the female egg and the smallest is the male sperm.

It takes the food seven seconds to get from your mouth to your stomach.

One human hair can support 3 kg (6 lb).

The average man's penis is three times the length of his thumb.

Human thighbones are stronger than concrete.

A woman's heart beats faster than a man's.

There are about one trillion bacteria on each of your feet.

Women blink twice as often as men.

The average person's skin weighs twice as much as the brain.

Your body uses 300 muscles to balance itself when you are standing still.

If saliva cannot dissolve something, you cannot taste it.

Men that read this are probably still busy checking their thumbs. !!!!!!!!

You can't say you never learn things when you read my blog. lol Now guys have to worry about another thing that women will measure us by. Our feet, Noses now our thumbs what is next?
Well men we can fight back. I found this now I am going to warn you now it is PG 18, but I just could not resist. Vagina Repair's quick and painless Now this is where is becomes PG 18. The question is it is supposed to be painless I just can't see that, but then again you women are the ones that deposit 6 to 8lb human forms out a hole that is meant for a large cucumber. Personally I could not imagine passing anything much bigger then a golf ball. Then I am a guy what do I know!

Did you know that if you wear red you are considered more sexy then if you wear say blue or green. This was explained in a article I will be enclosing the link for here.
It was also noted that in some situations it can promote anger. So I guess as long as you are not going to be breaking up with your significant other, or chasing any bulls all should be good I say.

Microsoft is at it again. Some people have been having issues with Vista the latest operating system for Windows. I guess I have been on the lucky side for the most part I cannot say I have any major failures. Not like some users, you mention Vista and it is like throwing huge amounts of a flammable liquid (insert your liquid of choice here) on a fire. Don't despair Microsoft has come to your rescue. Windows 7 is going to be your life preserver in the great big sea of cyber space. Read here on the details and in the mean time there is always XP or one better Linux. Ubuntu is just as slick as Windows with more built in features. One point that I like the best is it is FREE. That is my kind of pricing!

Well I think that wraps most everything up that I wanted to share with you today. So until next time dance through life like there is no tomorrow.

Cheers
From The Big Ape :-a

No comments: