Saturday, January 12, 2008

Only in Canada You Say!

Now folks you know that I have a pretty liberal attitude when it comes to things, but this really takes the cake!!!! I really have to question where our legal system is going when a drug addict can sue her dealer and actually win compensation because the drugs that she bought from him, and smoked with her caused her to have a heart attack! WOW!!!! isn't this opening up a very slippery slope in our legal system. Well I guess I better contact my Lawyer on Monday and get that suit going for Macdonald's! As I am fat, and they sold me a hamburger so I guess they should be held responsible for me being fat. They knew that the food I was eating from their restaurant would contribute to my weight , but they still chose to sell it to me regardless of the fact they knew that it would harm me. All I can say is take responsibility for your own actions people!!!!!!! That is what is wrong with society of today!! Everybody is looking for that quick way out. I truly think that if this is not over turned that smokers will be next, fat people, and god knows who else. I think this is just a lawyer trying to make a name for himself or herself. I hope that this is not a start of what the USA does... sue everyone just because they can! Our court system is slow enough in Canada without adding bogus court cases like this one. I would like to have my readers comment on this and tell me what you think! Also check out some of the comments at the end of the article and see if you agree.

Remember though this is just my opinion and I may be wrong!

Check out the article that fueled this rant...


Until next time

Cheers

From the Big Ape :-)

No comments: